Saturday, April 14, 2012

There are the ones that entertain, and the ones that observe.




I was in my first fashion show on Thursday, and it was one of the best times I have ever had! It was exhilarating. Absolutely incredible. I went first and was terrified but pretended like I had rocked the cat walk one million times before. It's strange, but true when people tell you that when you do a runway show you don't even see the people because the lights are so bright and your nerves somewhat take over. The only thing I kept thinking was, "foot forward..look straight..pose, pose, pose..slow down..foot forward." There were five other girls in the show, and they were all very cool. We were in a lounge, and there was a DJ and entertainment, all to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I feel so very fortunate to have been a part of something so wonderful. The boutique owner (did I mention it was a lingerie show?) and photographer who set the event up were awesome and I am also glad to have met and worked with them. I feel like any time genuine people come together to form something much bigger than themselves then it is impossible for them not be a force to be reckoned with. When the fashion show was over, all of the models went back on the stage/runway to dance with the entertainer who was singing to close the event. I have to admit it felt really good. I imagine that feeling is the raw meaning of fierce. That kind of confidence cannot be created by yourself. It is a rush, a sensation, and in some twisted way, a validation. It is magic.
I want nothing more from this life than for every girl and woman to feel that.
Afterwards, I was mingling with the crowd and taking pictures when a man approached me and asked me if I had ever considered getting into Burlesque. I told him how much I had been thinking about doing it, and how it is a goal of mine. He told me that he knew every big Burlesque dancer in Dallas, and that I was a natural. It was one of the biggest compliments to me that I have ever received. Magic.

The fashion show inspired me to look more into making the best portfolio I could possibly make. We had our hair and make up professionally done, and it looked absolutely amazing. I really liked the people who did it, and am seriously considering going to their salon to have them make me up for my pictures. They gave me a Breakfast at Tiffany's-inspired up-do because they said my bangs reminded them of Audrey Hepburn. As soon as I receive copies of all of the pictures, I will post them.

I ran across a photographer on the internet names Joe Edelman and he is phenomenal at providing excellent knowledge and helpful tips/tools for both aspiring models and photographers. I saw his website first, and it was love at first sight.
I then discovered his extremely helpful videos on Youtube, and thought that my two favorite were more than worth passing along.







The Dallas International Film Festival started this weekend and will last through the 22nd. I signed up to volunteer, and really hope they call me because I feel like it would be a great opportunity to meet people and be a part of the film world even in a small way. Cross your fingers.


"I don't know but I've been told you never slow down, you never grow old."

No comments:

Post a Comment